To make a square by paper folding.
A square is a quadrilateral in which:
- The opposite sides are parallel.
- All four sides are equal.
- All angles measure 90°.
Properties of a Square
- A square is a quadrilateral with four sides and four vertices.
- All four sides of the square are equal.
- The opposite sides of a square are parallel to each other.
- The interior angle of a square at each vertex is 90°.
- The sum of all interior angles is 360°.
- The diagonals of a square bisect each other at 90°.
- The diagonals are equal in length.
- The length of the diagonals in a square is greater than its sides.
- Each diagonal divides a square into two congruent triangles.