As performed in the real lab:
Coloured paper, a pair of scissors, gum.
- Take two sheets of coloured paper.
- Cut two identical trapeziums ABCD and PQRS as shown in figure.
- Paste them together along PS with AD.
- It will forms parallelogram.
- Calculate area of trapezium.
As performed in the simulator:
- Create a Trapezium ABCD by providing length of 2 bases (parallel sides) and height
- Don't give both base value same otherwise it will form rectangle rather than Trapezium.
- Click on a Trapezium ABCD to create a Trapezium PQRS
- Click twice on PQRS to rotate PQRS in 180 degree.
- Drag trapezium PQRS and place at appropriate position such that it will forms a parallelogram.
- Place trapezium PQRS such that leg BC of trapezium ABCD will touch leg RQ of trapezium PQR.
- Parallelogram ASPD is formed by combining two trapezium ABCD And BSPC.
- Area of Trapezium ABCD = 1/2 X Area of parallelogram DASP
=1/2 X (DC+CP) X h
=1/2 X (b1 + b2) X h
The area of trapezium is half the product of its altitude and sum of its parallel sides.