As performed in the real lab:
Colored papers, a pair of scissors, gum.
- Cut a rectangular sheet of paper of length l = given circumference of base of cylinder, breadth b = given height. [Fig (a)].
- Gently curve the paper so that the two (shorter) sides come together.
- Join the edges together by cello tape.[Fig (b)].
Fig (a) Fig (b)
As performed in the simulator:
- Create rectangle by providing length and breadth.
- Click on button "Draw Rectangle" to draw rectangle.
- Click on the rectangular sheet to fold and create a right circular cylinder .
- The rectangle transforms into a cylinder.
- The height of the cylinder is b.
- The circumference of the base circle is l.