To study field lines formed around the bar magnet.
- Magnets have two types of poles: north poles and south poles.
- The magnetic strength at the pole is the strongest.
- When a bar magnet is suspended freely in a horizontal position, the bar magnet will align itself in north-south direction, where the north pole of the magnet points to the north pole of the Earth.
- Like poles repel and unlike poles attract.
- Magnetic materials such as iron, nickel, steel etc. are attarcted by the magnets.
- Attractive and repulsive force of magnet depends how strong the magnet is.
- Magnetic force also depends on distance between the magnet and the object.
Behaviour of Bar Magnets in possible pole configurations.