As performed in the lab
Material Required -
A concave mirror, a mirror holder, a white screen fixed on a stand or a white wall, an object (candle) and a metre scale.
- Fix concave mirror to mirror holder and place it on table.Turn the face of mirror towards a distant object (a candle in this case). The selected object should be visible with your naked eyes.
- Adjust the position of the screen in such a way that it forms a clear image of the candle on the screen.
- Measure the distance between the concave mirror and the screen with a metre scale. Record your observations in observation table.
- Repeat the experiment two or three times and find the mean value of the focal length.
As performed in the simulator
- Drag the screen by clicking on point A of the screen till you get a sharp image of the object.
- Measure the distance between the concave mirror and the screen with given metre scale. This measured distance is focal length of concave mirror.
- Repeat the process two or three times. Take the mean of the measured focal length.